Giving a Gift of Stock has Many Benefits.
- Your gift of stock is exempt from capital gains tax and you can claim the full amount of your gift on your tax return.
- Western Rivers Conservancy can work directly with your broker to facilitate your gift.
- You will enjoy all the benefits of being a member of Western Rivers Conservancy.
How Do I Make a Stock Gift?
The easiest way to make a gift of stock is to transfer the shares electronically. Tell your broker or financial advisor you would like to make a stock gift to Western Rivers Conservancy, and give them the following information:
UnionBanc Investment Services
407 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205
Vice President, Senior Financial Advisor
Western Rivers Conservancy [Tax ID# 93-1326405]
You may also mail your unendorsed certificate(s) and stock power, in separate envelopes, by registered mail to:
Western Rivers Conservancy
Juliette Harding - Director of Finance and Administration
71 SW Oak St. Suite 100
Portland, OR 97204
Regardless of the method chosen to deliver a gift of stock, you or your transferring broker must provide Western Rivers Conservancy with the following information for audit and acknowledgement purposes:
- Donor's name and complete address.
- Name and number of securities transferred.
For More Information
For more information on donating a gift of stock, please contact:
Jim Cox, Director of Donor Relations, at 503-241-0151, ext. 26 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org